- I’ve finished to settle monsters at open world locations. Every location got it’s own special monster species around. Severe monsters are less aggressive than in dungeons, so if you would scout around they won’t kill you on sight. Also monsters on surface was tweaked (reduced exp, no loot), some dangerous abilities (summoning) was taken down there (as there are too much empty space on surface, you can’t hide in corridors from summoning). Anyway, it’s testing for now; maybe mobs should be ‘wanderers’, to make it even less dangerous. We’ll see.
- I’ve added Terter terrain/water transition tiles (thanks, pal!). Tileset .psd updated. Tomorrow I’ll make stream with world design, using this tiles.
- This weekend I’ll turn on server for testing; just before Powerwyrm would come out of vacation, so we could get some more bugs for him 🙂 The problem is that there is one HUGE bug which makes login unavailable in 70% cases; but for testing puproses it will be alright. Cya in-game!
I’ve added female tile models from PWMA, added to them some hair and removed beards 🙂 And noticed that there is a bug with character appearence – other chars looks invisible.
Translation of main section @ website is finished. So I’ll start adding lore considering world, slowly.
Also I’m assigning monsters to surface locations, so they would guard entrances to the dungeons. They won’t be too dangerous for curious adventurer; some of them would sleep until you bother them. Of couse monsters on surface wouldn’t give much exp/loot as it’s easy to hunt them by using borders.. Real adventures are in dungeons! And I also plan to add more different terrain to dungeons layout.. The problem is to make them not too overburdened.
And of course I need to include Terter tiles transitions and test them in-game. Plenty of tasks to complete while waiting for Powerwyrm 🙂
As server is out for now, I’ll work with lore and my book. So atm I’m redesigning website, to fit there book section. The idea is to divide page in two parts – left would be for the game and right for lore/book. I’ll write book in Russian and won’t translate it in full length, but lore (history of world, geography, races, countries etc) would be translated in both languages; to do so I’ll also make this website bilingual.
@Terter made great graphical assets for water and land transitions. I’ll include them to tileset when website would be finished.
I’ve finished alpha version of the World, all locations and dungeons are ready. I’ve bought new hosting, started server and… <CRUSH!>
The problem is that there is a bug with PWMA which crush client (“Unknown packet type” ). So for now we have to wait for Powerwyrm to come back from vacation to fix it (3 weeks).
World building in process. Currently I’m rearranging dungeons and figured out this idea: as there are a lot of dungeons around and some of them could be pretty deadly if you come inside too earlier, it would be fun to add dungeon stones nearby to the entrances, which would indicate level of danger:
So there wouldn’t be need to make spoilers on the website ( btw precise spoilers are forbidden :E ).
With new PWMA mask system it’s possible to create custom stairs itself! For now they would be simple:
..but later on I’ll assign different and beautiful stairs for each dungeon 🙂
It seems it’s too hard to ‘read’ runes, so I replaced them with numbers
PWMA got new update, @Powerwyrm:
– More struct loc refactoring
– Send f_attr/f_char streams in four parts to allow more features in terrain.txt
Tileset works! I’ve published it at gamedev section. Also I’ve included to package Tiled files, so everyone could use it to draw maps! 🙂
Finally I’ve finished tileset work. It’s not the final version of course, but in meantime it’s pretty alright for being able to create good terrain maps.
The only problem is that I can not test it for errors, cause there is 1024-limit for terrain number in PWMA and game freeze after login; but new version are coming (yay, Powerwyrm!) which would allow up to 4096 terrain elements. So when I’ll be able to test it, I’ll publish tileset source files. For now I’ve made a preview, which could be found in tileset section.
We are coming closer to the new server, at last! 😀
Sorry, guys; we got unexpected delay. For now I’ve stopped (at ~90% total progress) filling tileset DB, cause stumbled at nasty bug – limitation of tiles number (*crossing fingers that Powerwyrm would be able to resolve it*).
In a meanwhile I migrated game to the latest PWMA version. Migration went not too smoth as there is ‘out of bounds’ problem (memory access violation “Exception 0xC0000005 at 0x4C35D8”), which crush client. More details would come soon, Powerwyrm investigating it.
For now I’ll work with world building by using base tiles – cause even without full tileset I could plan where to put buildings, create major landscape etc. Stream with this work would be online today.
UPDATE: ‘out of bounds’ issue debugged and fixed! @Powerwyrm:
in town.txt, towns must have a “short name” defined — see original pwmang town.txt — and you file doesn’t hae that so when the game tried to display the short name, it crashes
Hosting @ google cloud ended.. so I’ll run new server at new place already – after I’ll finish tileset (~85% of filling database is ready).
I think tomorrow I’ll finish tileset.. then I got to finish town location.. And then I’ll have to merge to new PWMA version (it’s also not easy task, as I do it manually file by file). I hope this weekend new server would be ready 🙂
Struct loc progress… oh dear, did roughly 20/100 predicates and that’s like 1/15 commits. Fells like recoding everything.
Here’s the list of changes that have been implemented up to now:
– Spell info improvements
– Grey out unreadable books in the inventory
– Show recharge failure chances in item list
– Match class color with spellbooks, make ghosts light grey
– Switch the Brandywine Bridge area from special level to town
– Add option to overexert player instead of preventing casting when out of mana
– Updated mage class (arcane realm)
– Make slow and confuse monsters progressive
– New druid class (nature realm)
– Make Bookseller automatically sell all town books
– Remove class experience penalty
– Updated priest class (divine realm)
– Make demons living
– Updated necromancer class (shadow realm)
– Updated paladin class (divine realm)
– Updated rogue class (shadow realm)
– Allow rogues to steal from sleeping monsters
– Nerf extra shots (PWMAngband: implement fractional shots)
– Updated ranger class (nature realm)
– New blackguard class (shadow realm)
– Adjust hitdice
– Alchemist sells wands of Light and Stone to Mud instead of Hold Monster,
Stun Monster and Wonder
– Replace pointy penalty with blessed bonus
– Remove arcane glove penalty
– Reduce frequency of non-readable books
– Updated sorceror class (arcane realm)
– Allow wands of Heal Monster to work on other players
– Remove class restrictions for Dragons and race/class restrictions for
fruit bat mode except Dragon
– New FRIENDLY monster flag
– Make idle players even more stealthy
– Updated archer class (nature realm)
– Updated telepath class (psi realm)
– Updated summoner class (divine realm)
– Add maximum level requirement parameter for dungeons
– Add minimum level requirement system for objects (activated by
the LEVEL_REQUIREMENT server option)
– Stop non-damaging projections from waking up monsters
– Fix mana not updating bug
– Fix crash bug where some carried objects fail to be created
– Allow more than 255 terrain types
– Remove pointless cure blindness/confusion effects from spells which obviously
cannot be cast while blind or confused
– Improve monster detection code
– Improvements to effect code
– Change targets to struct target
– Make notifications on player timed effects finishing behave more sensibly
– Rework timed status effects
– Tweak class melee
– Replace coordinates with a struct loc
– Add a cooldown parameter for spells
– Remove obsolete CLASS_GHOST variable
– Set max townies in town.txt for each town and remove the cfg option
– Remove max trees cfg option, don’t grow trees and prevent destroying trees
in starting town
– Improve MvM code
Files updated: binaries only (source will come with first beta).
Files are available for download at the usual location: http://powerwyrm.monsite-orange.fr
YAY! Great job, Powerwyrm!
I’m finishing tileset atm, almost done 😀 Server would be updated very soon. I’ve figured out a few tricks which helps to add large amount of tiles faster (in case if you got 4x of the same tile for lights), example could be seen in my past streams:
Added windows, side tiles etc.. A few things left