Posted on March 31, 2019
Posted on March 29, 2019
YAY! Powerwyrm made it! 😀 Now it’s possible to assign up to 65025 object’s images to the game World!
– Make book realms struct magic_realm
– Give spells a realm
– Remove class realms, replace class spellcasting stat with average of spellcasting stats
– Remove obsolete PRAY packet, use CAST instead
– Move books from object.txt to class.txt
– Add drop-base to monster.txt
– Monsters with “drop-base” drop random book based on depth
– Rename House of Arcanes to Bookseller
– Redesign town_feat.txt and town_xxx.txt files to allow 255×255 different tiles in towns
I’ll finish new tileset asap to produce wipe&restart. Huuuge streams are coming!
And it’s not the end of good news.. I’ll share some more cool stories soon 😛
Posted on March 22, 2019
Great news! Powerwyrm invented new revolutionary feature to enhance tileset!
You can put anything in the “mask” parameter. Basically you have 255 types of terrain with 255 different flavors. If you have less than 10 flavors, you can simply put 1,2…9 as parameter for easier comprehension.
name : generic tree
feat : T : generic tree
Here you can display 9 generic trees. But you cannot distinguish them.
name : pine
name : larch
name : oak
name : cypress
name : cedar
name : maple
name : elm
name : eucalyptus
name : aspen
feat : T : 1 : pine
feat : T : 2 : larch
feat : T : 3 : oak
feat : T : 4 : cypress
feat : T : 5 : cedar
feat : T : 6 : maple
feat : T : 7 : elm
feat : T : 8 : eucalyptus
feat : T : 9 : aspen
Here you can display 9 different trees.
So now terrain would support 65025 different tiles (it was 255 before)!
Some explanation how it works in past stream in English:
Tileset size increased to 4096×4096 -> .psd updated
Posted on March 19, 2019
Hiho! We are alive, don’t worry 🙂 Game is running and you could continue to play it; at the same time I’m continuing to develop new tileset. Almost finished with graphics itself; so soon would start to bind it to object’s DB.
Sometimes I make pause in development cause my hand hurt, but it’s not the main reason why tileset work go slowly: at first I wanted to create really ‘tiny’ demo of custom towns; but when I started to work, I understood that it would be better to make everything properly and use all available tiles – currently we are limited to 255 terrain objects in town_feat.txt , so I’ll use them all.. till the time when I’ll be able to lift ‘255’ limitation myself, as Powerwyrm refused to do it in PWMA. Yep, it’s pretty sad.. We (me and Powerwyrm) got problems in communication recently, but I hope we would be able to restore cooperation in future.
You could watch tileset creation process at my youtube channels during live streams or watch videos afterwards:
Soon ™ new world begin!
Posted on February 27, 2019
Posted on February 23, 2019
– Replace “in the town” by “on the surface” when a character is killed outside of the dungeon
– Fix client not displaying the last messages before death (hopefully for good this time)
– Change Shapechangers’ AC formula from (equip + race / 2) to MAX((equip + race) / 2, equip)
– Add parser errors for trying to add a “normal” or “always” entry for Black Markets in store.txt
– Add rarity and price factor to “normal” entries in store.txt
– Add potions of Healing in the Temple (with high rarity and price factor)
Also there is a secret hidden update… I won’t tell much except this: take extra precautions when fighting with the most faithful Dark Lord servants :E
Posted on February 22, 2019
We got several good news (yay, no bad news yet! 😀 ):
- Ilius made great stuff – export tool ‘TiledToAngbandExport‘ for ‘Tiled‘, which gives possibility to build maps ‘on fly’, from ‘Tiled’ friendly UI, without ASCII manual mapping;
- Powerwyrm prepared a NASTY SURPRISE in upcoming update… No spoilers, you’ll have to figure out this one by yourself. Also new store flags revamp announced;
- I’m coming closer to finishing tiles import. Past stream in English:
Posted on February 19, 2019
We moved to the new server to solve lags problem. So far we tried Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure. This time we are at Google Cloud. It should be much better as it’s much more expensive 😛 Please report if you would notice lags @ discord.
To connect you should update the client or manually change IP:
Posted on February 19, 2019
While I’m working at tileset, I (just fo fun) replaced boring numbers with the legendary face 🙂 Tested it and it’s appeared to look quite good (especially when you are ‘R’esting from low HP hehe).
Also I got an alternative idea – to use lines:
Not sure where to stop yet, would be glad to see your feedback.
To use new hp bar – update the client.
Posted on February 17, 2019
Today I’ve made my first ‘gamedev’ stream (in Russian this time, next would be in English), where I work with new Angband Online tileset:
During this stream I’ve showed my Russian friends how to work with Angband tileset and afterward I continued to work with AO tileset redesign.
Also I wanna share my .PSD (photoshop) worksheet which makes work with tileset EZPZ. It’s got guidelines with coordinates at separate layers and some new tileset from genious Gervais. Feel free to download worksheet at our website.
It’s just a start, we’ll make loads of updates and Shtukensia would draw new tiles – so be in touch 🙂 This .PSD file would be updated.
So far the useful in this file is for example ‘Rubble’ tiles – they got proper background and also Shtukensia redesigned ‘passable rubble’ at last – feel free to add it to V-distributive or in any other variant!
And of course everyone are welcome to join the work with Gervais’s heritage enhancement! Join Angband Online discord, lets do it together!